Propheteering

Last week, I visited a bit with Brandon Graham, the all-around nifty dude who draws King City and Multiple Warheads. He's currently writing a book called Prophet for Image comics, and the roster of artists he's brought onto the project is a murderer's row of new talent, including Farel Dalrymple and Giannis Milonogiannis. The first issue is drawn by Simon Roy, whose work I love very much:


I haven't been this excited about a new comic in... I dunno, forever. Having heard from Brandon what he has in store for future issues, I'm getting a little bit of that kid on Christmas morning feeling. Brandon gives his imagination a very long leash. I suspect that when I'm on my death bed and going over my list of regrets, close to the top will be remorse for not having been as brave as Brandon with my creative choices. If I could save game right now, live out the rest of my life the way it's currently headed, and then come back to today and live out my remaining days Brandon-style, I suspect the second game would be way more fun than the first.

Anyway, here are the first few pages that Brandon has posted on his blog. The first issue (#21, in deference to the previous Prophet series from the '90s) comes out next month. (Oh, and these very beautiful colors are by a guy named Richard Ballermann).






Comments

  1. Yep, I'm pretty excited about this as well! Should be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing -- and wow; I thought that Roy was going to be on for a more permanent run, but oh well. Not as if the others are not awesome too.

    Think you'll maybe get to work with Brandon on an issue of it at some point?... :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love comic books like these that not grounded in reality. A world away from your world. Plus for me, drawing scenery made up in my head is far easier than drawing from real life because you make up the rules. I'll have to check it out when it becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this, ive been wanting to create a comic strip for a while but unfortunatly i lack the skill and ideas, so im pretty much screwed haha, brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment is for "Oscillate Wildly" which isn't appearing on your blog any longer but showed up on my reader.
    I feel your pain, I've been taking a year to do a 22 page comic written by someone else. My long time lag is because I have to sandwich the comic work in between paying jobs since there is absolutely no money in an independent comic, especially a once-a-year affair! My effort was presented to me to be a 5 issue mini which would then be collected but the writer wants the floppies as well as the collected edition. Another problem I'm having is that the writer hasn't written all 5 issues, he hasn't even finished the 3rd issue which is the one on which I'm working. So, you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul - Ugh, what a trial. Yeah, now that I have a day job, I'm having to make the same concessions. We'll make it through somehow, though. Keep the faith, Paul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, Boulder!

Is This Thing On?

Paint by Numbers